4 Days Highlights of Jordan
THIS TOUR CAN BE COMBINED AS A PRE-TOUR WITH OUR 9 DAY WALK IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF JESUS TOUR
DAY 1 Thursday
Tel Aviv or Jerusalem / Sheikh Hussein Bridge* / Jerash / Amman
Drive from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem to the Sheikh Hussein border crossing for procedures to enter Jordan.
Proceed to Jerash - city of the Decapolis, located about 45km north of Amman in the fertile heights of the Gilad. Visit the ancient Roman city with colonnaded streets, the baths and the hill of the top Temple etc. Drive to Amman for a panoramic city tour of the Jordanian capital.
Overnight in Amman.
(Breakfast & Dinner)
DAY 2 Friday
Amman / Mount Nebo / Petra
After breakfast drive to Mount Nebo, from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. From here you can see the Jordan Valley, Jericho and the Dead Sea. Continue south along the Desert Highway to Wadi Musa, the modern village of Petra. Enter the site of Petra and walk, or ride on horseback to the "Siq" (Canyon). Walk through the "Siq" to the red rock city, the ancient capital of the Nabateans from 3rd Century BC to 2nd Century AD. Visit the most interesting carved monuments such as the Treasury (El Khazneh - a tomb of a Nabatean king) then the field of tombs, obelisks and the altar (Al Madhbah) - from this point you can view the whole of the city. After the visit return to Wadi Musa.
Overnight in Petra.
DAY 3 Saturday
Petra / Wadi Rum Jeeps / Madaba / Amman
After breakfast drive south to the towering mountains and rock formations of Wadi Rum, which mesmerized Lawrence of Arabia. Drive through the stunning desert landscapes on a 2 hr. jeep safari, visiting the Lawrence Spring and Khazali Canyon. Drive north to Madaba to visit the remains of the Byzantine church with its mosaic floor map, the oldest surviving original cartographic depiction of the Holy Land and Jerusalem.
Overnight in Amman.
DAY 4 Sunday
Amman / Sheikh Hussein Bridge* / Jerusalem or Tel Aviv
After breakfast, leave the hotel and drive to the border. Cross the Jordan River and drive back to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
- Transfer to and from the Border
- Tours as per the Itineraries
- 3 Nights Accommodation
- 2 nights in Amman
- 1 night in Petra
- Breakfast Daily
- 3 Dinners
- 3 touring days in a Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach as per itinerary
- Professional licensed English speaking guide
- All transport and entrance fees to the sites visited as per itinerary
Not Included Services
- Border taxes to be paid locally aprox US $55.00
- Jordan Visa needs to be arranged prior to arrival at the Jordanian consulate of your home country price aprox US$70.00 this is only applicable if you are planing to stay more than 4 Days, other wise it is done on site.
- Meals not mention on this itinerary
*Child min age - 6 years old